Sunday, April 25, 2010

What do you think?

I vividly remember my mom and dad often questioning "what were you thinking?". I have recently come to realize that often the truth to that question now would be "nothing". Yep i often find myself thinking about absolutely nothing at all. I wonder if that is normal, or do I have ADD or something? But you know, The really sad part is it sometimes occurs when I should be thinking of atleast something. Please be sure not to tell my children or Keith about this revelation, I will never hear the end of it.!! Sometimes I wonder if maybe I just block things out so I dont have to face whatever it may be. You know if i dont think about it or acknowledge it, It cant be real!! :) (Or so I tell myself!) I do try really hard to keep it all together and be on top of things, but sometimes you just have to let things go... We are not PERFECT!! I definately dont pretend to be! I love life and I Love people, but I often make mistakes. I try to learn from them the first time, but that doesnt always happen. Maybe by the third!! Who knows! Practice does make perfect doesnt it?? If you totally get where I am, I would love to hear from you... and know what you THINK!!

2 comments:

Courtney Barr - The Southern Princess said...

Dear Sister,

Our minds are vessels that have no ending and no beginning. Even before our time began on this earth we were thinking and observing. There are vast areas of knowledge that we stow away for moments of immense clarity, there are pockets of humor meant to chase away the sorrows, there are craters of compassion meant to be shared, there are niches filled with anger-hate-aggravation; then, oh then, in our mind we have space still allowed for moments of complete blankness.That space is one of our most precious attributes.

We can reason, we can love, we can hate, we can filter words to describe every instance in our life; yet we are creatures that have the capability to also be completely blank when we need to. Our souls take on a lot every day in this life; I fully believe they sometimes tell our brains to relax a little.

Don't think of it as being spacey, though it might be an appropriate term, think of it as letting the rest of the compartments recharge. Or as you suggested, our own minds sometimes protect us from needing to put forward an emotion or thought. Silence is not just a wonderful thing for our exterior hearing, occasionally it can be a soothing part of our soul.

Love you.

Visit My Kingdom Anytime

dsunshine said...

Sometines when we are so busy with everyday life, we get so bogged down with trying to do and be everything to everyone else, we lose our sense of center. That is when, these moments of nothingness are so important. I think some of our best ideas and answers come to us. It is at these times that we are quiet and listen to the Holy Spirit speak to us, and also it seems my brain is able to regroup and make sense of a problem otherwise why do I wake up at 2am with the answer I was looking for.