Thursday, July 17, 2008

What do you do?

What do you do when those you love are hurting?????? You hurt too. As of Tuesday midday, I have been a rollercoaster of emotions. I am only three hours away now, but still feel just as helpless as i did when I was fourteen hours away. Mom called and told me that Courtney was in the ER with an enlarged cyst. She was on some major pain meds, but still in a lot of pain. They would porbably have to operate, but not sure how major the operation would be. There were very few answers to my questions at the time. It took me back to my times in the hospital waiting and waiting for the doctors to come and they don't, atleast not til the next day. The frustration and impatience were fresh event to me a few hours away. Now we know that she is scheduled for surgery at 930 next friday morning. She is on bed rest for the next week and will have a 6 week recovery period. I want to go and see her if for no other reason than to give her a hug and tell her that I love her. I then go on into the debate of when and for how long to I go there to help her? I want to be a great help, not a hinderence. I cant imagine how scared she is right now. I like mom, just wish i could tell her that everything will be FINE>>>>In many ways, I know it will be. God is always in control, no matter how much we think we are in control. He uses all things for good, eventhough we don't know how it can be used that way. I definately dont like for anything bad to happen to anyone, esp those I love. But I can stand firm in the knowledge that God knows better and more than I do. (eventhough i dont act like it)

I find it strange that I also just found out that a new friend of mine has been diagnosed with breast cancer. She has a great faith and is a STRONG fighter. I know, that my swing of emotions doesnt really help anyone, but I also know it is normal and something that even I must go through to be healthy and help those around me.

No comments: